Friday, March 10, 2017

Friday Funnies

So today I learned a valuable lesson...never leave your phone (even if it's locked) behind the circulation desk during lunch. Usually it's in my office, which is off-limits to students. But due to a need to be accessible for a family situation, I had it with me today. While I was checking fees and fines for prom ticket purchases (before the big price increase), a student who has been hanging out a lot in the library decided to use my photo roll as her photo booth. Less than five minutes and eighty-two pictures later...

First, she showed her boredom in ten of the pictures.

Then she checked to make sure I wasn't able to see what she was about to do in six pictures.












She then started taking about 15 cute pictures. Here's one as an example:

Next she decided to recreate Van Gogh's "The Scream" (a version of which was recreated by a student in our art gallery):
 


No roll of 82 selfies would be complete without at least one (or a dozen) where you stick out your tongue, right?
 


Or do a series of extremely goofy closeups? 


All of these pictures were posted with the student's permission and approval. In fact, she thought it was hilarious to be the subject of a library blog. I, on the other hand, have kept a very close watch on my phone ever since...

1 comment:

  1. I have dome the same thing when confiscating student phones on field trips.......
    My phone, of course, does not get into student hands......
    Teachers hands, on the other hand, are another story....I left it on the teacher table in the canteen once, and I came back to find several selfies by the teachers!

    ReplyDelete