Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Fun and Patriotic Times

We had a lot of fun with the Preamble Challenge. Thank you to our sponsors for helping make it a success! A shout-out once again to Char-grill of Clayton, Sheetz in Clayton, Dairy Queen in Clayton, Wendy's in Clayton, Subway at Flowers Plantation, and Bojangles of the Triangle for donating the prizes.

To begin, the history department, some members eagerly and others slightly hesitantly, joined the JROTC instructors in advertising our Preamble Challenge with a commercial. This collaborative effort earned praises from central services staff and looked great! Of course, I think Colonel Stallings and Sergeant McLaurin had the most fun based on the bloopers reel! You can judge the final product for yourselves:

Preamble Challenge Commercial #1

As the challenge approached, I decided I needed a second commercial. Because I filmed during the block with no media assistants, I had to start and stop the filming on my own, making my own bloopers reel rather interesting. The final product looked great...although I was walking on water...

Preamble Challenge Commercial #2

Finally, the Challenge Week was here! We had great participation from many students. Even some teachers joined in! While some students stumbled a little, for the most part everyone did a fabulous job. In fact, the 4th block Theater Arts class performed a musical version, arranged and accompanied by Mrs. Nixon on guitar. It was wonderful. Although I can't put all of them together into a video (it would be WAAAAAY too long!), here are some highlights of the challenge!












No comments:

Post a Comment