Thursday, January 21, 2016

New Semester, New Beginnings

The semester brings new things: new media assistants, new books, new staff, and more!

First, this semester I am teaching Library Science I! Such an exciting opportunity to share my love for the library/media center with students. The students applied for the class and in both sections will be learning about library administration and management, organization, effective research skills (in order to help others), as well as having genre projects and other activities related to books!

I am also instituting a library volunteer program during SMART lunches. These student volunteers are manning the circulation desk to give me more time to circulate among the students and to help students with projects and choosing books. My first set of volunteers are already lined up and excited to be working in the media center.

The National Honor Society will be working with me in the near future to establish two peer tutoring sessions during SMART lunch. One day per week will have a math tutorial for Math I and II (formerly known as Algebra I and II). We are also hoping to have a peer editing day for research papers on another day of the week. This will give the NHS members an opportunity for service hours and help students who are struggling a chance to improve their grades.

What new beginnings are you working on this semester?

No comments:

Post a Comment