Friday, March 15, 2019

March Book Madness Update

Who has moved on to the Elite 8?

The new matchups are as follows:

All the Bright Places
v.
Children of Blood and Bone

A Land of Permanent Goodbyes
v. Scythe

Crossover
v.
If I Was Your Girl

Long Way Down
v.
The 5th Wave


I have to admit some of my favorites are still in the running while a few are out in the first round, surprising many students on their bracket entries! (A few have only one book left in the entire bracket...)

Which ones am I disappointed to see out of the competition?
Warcross is the main one. I didn't mind The 5th Wave too much, but parts of it were just a little off to me personally. I don't think the movie helped me like the book at all. However, if it had been against a different title, I probably would have been rooting for it! Having just finished Warcross as a preliminary read for a possible Battle of the Books title for next year, I really enjoyed the dystopian future that wasn't quite so miserable and bleak.

Oh, well! It will be interesting to see what happens at the end of this round of voting. Although you cannot enter a bracket submission, don't forget to vote!

www.marchbookmadness.weebly.com/ya-bracket.html

No comments:

Post a Comment