Friday, September 28, 2018

Books Ahoy, Week 2

This year the Books Ahoy Mobile Library Cart is travelling to every English class over the course of two days. (Up to seven classes on Thursday and up to seven on Friday each block.) This is really helping get my FitBit steps on those two days!

It's a bit of a long haul out to the last two classes each block on Fridays since they are in the very first ( which means FARTHEST away) cabana (a.k.a. mobile classroom). Sidewalks would help, but the cart is managing to survive the bumpy boardwalk. It's easier with two people. However, sometimes I will be by myself when seniors are busy with meetings, senior trips, etc. (Building muscles!)

My question becomes the organization on the cart. All books on the cart are labeled with the new genre label. Should I separate and cluster each genre together, or should I just keep them randomized on the cart? I am trying to determine which would increase circulation and student interest the most.

Although some classes are a bit of a hard sell on checking out a book to read, circulation numbers are increasing. I am looking forward to that trend continuing through both the cart and when the fiction section is genrefied.

On another note, Mr. Wall, the Tech facilitator with whom I share an office, is on the senior trip today. That leaves me to "put out technology fires" in what I sincerely hope is a figurative sense...like the invasion of minions last year, technology fires seem to ignite when Mr. Wall is away....By 7:30 this morning, the fires appeared somewhat manageable as you can see by the fire extinguisher I attempted to use. Hopefully that continues all day.


No comments:

Post a Comment